Here are some the questions that an insurer will ask when you are seeking insurance:
General Insurance Questions
- Date of incorporation?
- What is the Federal ID number?
- What is the exact name of the U.S. entity?
- Please list all entities with 51% or greater ownership.
- List all mailing addresses (distinguish billing if it is different)?
- Designated Contact Person - Email, Phone, Fax
- Company website?
- What is the non-depreciated value of company assets (per location is applicable)?
- Are there foreign locations?
- Please provide the following building detail: Square footage? Sprinklered? Building type (frame, brick, etc.)? Fire and/or burglar alarm? Surrounding environs (general office, manufacturing, parking lot, etc)?
- Automobile: Does the company own any autos? Please provide Year/Make/Vin Where are the autos garaged? Driver info: D.O.B/ SS#? Please detail any losses? Do you plan to rent autos? est. # of rental days
General Liability Questions
- What are annual the projected sales?
- Please provide a description of your product or service? Be specific, but try to keep it simple if possible.
Workers' Comp Questions
- What is the projected annual payroll breakdown?
- Please cap officers (determined in company charter) at $52k each.
- Clerical $ Sales $ Other $
- How many employees?
- Is there any foreign travel?
- # of trips typical destination?